No: 1 Peanutty Buckwheat Wonder of the World.
- 2 tbsp peanut butter (pure peanut butter, with no added sugar or oil)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder (or 2 cloves of garlic, minced)
- 1/2 inch of fresh ginger (grated)
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tbsp agave syrup (or any liquid sweetener)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp dried chillies
- 1/4 tsp cayenne powder (optional)
- 2 tbsp dairy-free milk (coconut is good)
- lots of buckwheat noodles (as many as you feel you can eat)
- 1 red onion (peeled and chopped)
- 2 carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 12 mushrooms (chopped)
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- handful coriander
- lime wedges for the side
First make the sauce so you have it ready. In a small bowl mix together the peanut butter, garlic, ginger, lime juice, syrup, soy sauce, spices. Pour in the milk a small bit at a time until your sauce is smooth, but not too runny. If it gets too runny add in a little more peanut butter.
In a wok throw in the red onion and a small bit of water and let fry for about five minutes until soft. Add in the carrots and mushrooms and a little more water if needed. Stir until cooked through.
Boil the noodles according to package instructions. I could tell you those instructions as I am psychic but I don’t want to scare you.
Throw the cooked noodles into the wok with the vegetables. Put the wok on a low heat and pour in the sauce. Stir until it covers all the noodles. Add a little more soy sauce or lime juice if you think the sauce needs some help.
Spoon into your fanciest dishes and serve with sesame seeds and coriander dancing on top.