Or spelt phonetically: Keen-waaaa Poe-digity
- 1 cup quinoa (red quinoa works too!)
- 1/2 ts cinnamon (optional)
- 2 cups coconut milk (you can use any dairy-free milk that calls to you from the supermarket aisle)
- Desiccated coconut (optional)
- 1/2 cup blueberries (optional)
- 2 tsp chia seeds (optional)
- 1 tsp agave syrup (or any sweet treat your mouth wants, also optional)
I make this for special weekend breakfast (quinoa is too expensive for everyday times), because my life is so empty that looking forward to weekend porridge gets me through the week. I know, I feel sorry for me too.
Throw the cup of quinoa into a fine mesh sieve and rinse it under a cold tap for a minute, shimmying as you go.
Pop it into a saucepan, with the cinnamon if you wish, and pour the milk in. Bring to a simmer and cover for 15 minutes until the milk has completely absorbed.
Spoon into bowls and cover with your favourite toppings.
My current favourites are a tsp of chia seeds, blueberries, agave and coconut. But I am not your master of toppings, only you have that power.
Make sure to rinse that quinoa before you start, it won’t taste nice if you don’t. And make sure your sieve mesh is small enough to hold the grains. I have lost many a cup of quinoa using an unsuitable, which results in me crying down the drain about my lack of money, and pride.