The nice boy’s Mum was kind enough to make this for me on our last visit. So I stole the recipe and am claiming all the glory.
- 1 litre of veg stock I used two kale veg stock cubes
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 3 parsnips, peeled and chopped into chunks
- 2 brambley apples, peeled and chopped into chunks
- 1 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- salt and pepper, to taste
First make a big litre jug of vegetable stock, yum.
Pour about half a cup of this stock into a large pot and throw in the onions and celery. Let this cook on a medium heat for ten minutes to soften.
Now pop in the garlic and apple. Add the rest of the veg stock. Let it come to a boil, then bring it down to a simmer and cover with a lid for fifteen minutes until its all mushy and soft.
Pour in the milk.
Now take it off the heat and use an immersion blender to make it smooth and golden and delicious.
Add salt and pepper then give me glory, ALL THE GLORY!
Keep in the fridge for an easy snack at key moments in your life.